- Schedules, assigns, reviews and coordinates workflow to assure proper utilization of laboratory staff.
- Oversees the establishment of appropriate testing programs and the coordination of laboratory activities within the designated laboratory team.
- Establishes and maintains the test proficiency training program and competencies for laboratory personnel.
- Trains assigned staff on both technical part and soft skills, provides career counseling, and operates as a people supervisor. Handles staffing levels, performance appraisals, merit ratings, promotions, and transfers of assigned staff. Ensures company policies are followed in the lab areas, and facilitates employee relations within the assigned laboratory section.
- Develops annual budgetary goals, capital expenditure budget for laboratory equipment, and tactical plans for the assigned laboratory team.
- Develops new test capabilities based on the business needs, includes new equipment procurement, hiring, training and new capabilities validation.
- Develops new lab service protocols and offers the new service to external clients as a project manager.
- Implements quality policies, procedures, and practices mandated for the laboratories to ensure compliance to ISO 17025 as well as other defined accreditation requirements for the designated laboratory team.
- Integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
- Collaborates with EHS officer to identify EHS risks and implement solutions to continuously monitor and control the EHS at the designated laboratory team.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Some University education in a related discipline plus eight years directly related experience required including at least two years of relevant management/leadership experience. Demonstrated ability to manage and coach staff. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining high quality and exceptional customer service. Demonstrated ability to successfully partner with Engineering and other Laboratory personnel to complete projects in a timely manner with high quality. Demonstrated ability to analyze special testing needs.
- Be familiar with lower voltage switch gear and controller gear like as Surge protection device, Industry Control Equipment, transformer, receptacle and so on.
- Good to know product standard UL1449, UL508, UL498 and UL5085.
- Strong communication skill in English and Mandarin.
- Able to work under high-pressure