Under minimal supervision, provides technical leadership in all laboratory and testing issues within areas of responsibility. Uses or directs the use of complicated equipment where there may be no published requirements. This includes setting up and performing tests that involve unique features and the use of independent judgment. May plan tests, evaluate test results and report opinions and interpretations. May assist PDEs and/or Engineering to modify existing methods or develop and validate new test methods. Develops operating, and test procedures. Trains and assists others in the laboratory, and performs other duties as directed. Assists in scheduling, assigning, reviewing and coordinating workflow to assure proper utilization of staff. May also supervise staff as directed.
1. Some University education in a related discipline plus 2 years directly experience in controller or related industries required.
2. Demonstrated ability to manage and coach staff.
3. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining high quality and exceptional customer service.
4. Demonstrated ability to successfully partner with Engineering and other Laboratory personnel to complete projects in a timely manner with high quality.
5. Demonstrated ability to analyze special testing needs.
6. Demonstrated good English skills at Writing/reading and speaking.
7. Be familiar with the testing and or certification requirement for controller, which covers variable Standards, such as IEC 60730, IEC 60335 etc.,
8. Demonstrated the abilities to adapt the quick change and high pressure work environment.