Under minimal supervision, assembles test setups for complex product assignments, recordstest data, conducts standardized tests, and assembles and disassembles products, materialsand equipment.
- Builds and/or adapts unique setup and test equipment for complex tests using independent judgment. Applies working knowledge of applicable test requirements and performs tests using general laboratory equipment. Performs routine care of designated test equipment and work area. Operates a computer to extract/input readily available information and to use available software.
- Examines test samples, reads measuring instruments and reviews test data with supervisor. Reads and interprets blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams and operational instructions. Determines need for and seeks consultation from engineers or laboratory technicians. Analyzes test results.
- Operates designated laboratory equipment and tools as directed.
- Receives instructions from and reports data to supervisor and personnel in engineering and laboratory operations as needed. Prepares data sheets and records observed or calculated test results. Assembles test data for appropriate distribution.
- Integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
- Performs other duties as directed.